Speech Therapy Web Services
You asked, we listened.
We are happy to announce that speech therapy services can now be performed over the web in the convenience of your home or office.
All you need is a microphone, a video-equipped computer, an internet connection and you can connect with one of our speech-language pathologists in real time.
Speech therapy over the web is available for a variety of assessments and/or therapy (see Q & A). Research has shown that given the right circumstances, results of speech therapy over the web are as effective as in-person therapy.
Advantages of speech therapy over the web include:
- Time-saving – no extra time needed to travel to and from the clinic
- Convenience – especially for parents who have other children at home
- Privacy and comfortability from your home or office
- Improved accessibility for clients in more remote areas
- Increased engagement for adolescents and adults who use videoconferencing frequently for school and/or work and prefer it as a method of service delivery
The platform we use is reliable, confidential and PHIPA compliant.
For more information please contact our intake department.
1) What is web therapy?
The delivery of speech therapy services via videoconferencing.
2) What do clients/parents/caregivers need?
A computer equipped with a camera, microphone, and an internet connection.
3) Is this complicated?
No, it’s quite simple. Prior to your appointment, your SLP will provide you with a link to the videoconference platform and will call you to explain the process and answer any questions you may have.
4) How is payment made? Do I get a receipt?
Payment is made online by credit card and a receipt will be emailed to you after each session.
5) What communication issues can we treat?
- Language delay/ disorders
- Reading and writing difficulties
- LSVT Loud adapted
- Accent modification
- Acquired Brain Injury
6) Is web therapy suitable for children?
Absolutely! We can offer therapy to children as young as 4 with a family member present. All children require a family member to be in the vicinity, however the older the child the more independent. In these situations, the parent may not have to be part of the therapy session but will need to be around.
7) Is web therapy suitable for adults who have had a stroke?
Adults with aphasia (following a stroke) may need a communication partner (caregiver, family member) to assist them. Whether they require one or not, Communication Partner training is a very important aspect of aphasia therapy so having someone there is very advantageous.
Head Office and Main Clinic
120 West Beaver Creek Road. Unit 22 Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1L2
Tel: 905.886.5941 | Fax: 905.886.2362
One Health Family Practice
300 Rossland Road East, Suite 200
Ajax, Ontario L1Z 0M1
Aurora | Newmarket | Markham | Thornhill | GTA | Mississauga | Brampton | Burlington | Ajax | Oshawa | Pickering | Ottawa
Speech Therapy Centres of Canada Ltd. is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Our Accessibility Customer Service Policy is available upon request. Please feel free to contact us for more information: [email protected]